Though Rick Porcello has endured the worst season of his career in his first year with the Mets, manager Luis Rojas has at least been able to count on the former Cy Young winner to be ready to take the ball.
Most importantly, Jacob deGrom is healthy enough, too.
While Porcello (1-5, 6.06 ERA) will start Sunday’s series finale against the Braves at Citi Field, deGrom will open Monday’s home game against the Rays after leaving his most recent start with a spasm in his right hamstring. DeGrom (4-1, 2.09 ERA), who was pulled from Wednesday’s game against the Phillies after two innings because of the hamstring issue, told Rojas he was ready to make his next start following a second straight day with a successful side throwing session.
“He threw a full-steam side. I talked to him and he said, ‘I’m good,’ ” Rojas said of the back-to-back Cy Young winner. “There’s nothing. No more talk about [the hamstring]. … He’s good to go and lined up for Monday.”
Rojas wouldn’t commit to rotation plans beyond Monday, but the first-year manager said Seth Lugo (2-3, 4.34 ERA) could start Tuesday. In his most recent outing, Lugo allowed six runs and eight hits — including four home runs — over 1 ²/₃ innings against the Phillies on Thursday.
Steven Matz, who was demoted from the rotation last month, could be headed back to the bullpen after the lefty allowed six runs, eight hits and three walks over 2 ²/₃ innings on Friday, which marked his first start since Aug. 15 and first appearance on the mound since Aug. 29.
Matz is now 0-5 with a 9.79 ERA this season, but Rojas said Friday’s struggles weren’t associated with the shoulder discomfort which kept the Long Island native on the injured list for nearly three weeks.
“We did ask, just to see how he felt, it’s his first outing coming out of the IL, so we wanted to check on that, but he said nothing,” Rojas said. “It’s good.”
The Mets activated pitcher Corey Oswalt from the 10-day injured list and sent reliever Franklyn Kilome to the team’s alternate training site. … Second baseman Robinson Cano, who left Friday’s game after being hit on the forearm by a pitch, was back in the lineup Saturday.
- این Moneyist: "من هرگز به همسر من, $1200 ضربه او محرک را بررسی کنید. او را یک زن و شوهر از صد دلار به خرید بروید.' چه چیزی اشتباه است ؟
- گفتگوها در مورد رضایت باید زود شروع شود و والدین باید با آن راحت باشند
- اعزام از یک بیماری همه گیر: 'من قصد ندارم در هر نقطه.' غارتگران تقریبا نابود کسب و کار خود را, اما این فقط آخرین چالش برای این کارآفرین
- ‘Blade Runner’ Oscar Pistorius’ murder story laid bare in new film
- تکنولوژی های سیاه و سفید کارگران امید در سراسر کشور تظاهرات را مجبور صنعت به فراگیر تر
- چگونه betters باید درمان Jordan Spieth به عنوان PGA Tour بازده
- سهام در مسیر بزرگترین افت از ماه مارس در نگرانی در مورد بهبود اقتصادی coronavirus خوشه
- تایلند برای مهار نشت نفت پس از نشت عجله دارد
- تابستان کارآموزی لغو شود ؟ نه در این شرکت ها استقبال مجازی نسخه های
- لیست وب سایت های قضایی